Thursday, 23 February 2017

Back to the Classics 2017

 
So I'm a little bit late to the party, but I've decided to sign up for Back to the Classics 2017, hosted by Books and Chocolate. The aim is to read (up to) twelve books from different categories. I'm not sure whether I'll get all twelve of them completed, but I'm going to give it a go! Below is my rough list of what I plan to read (which will probably change). I've left a couple blank as I'm not sure what I'm going to read for them (suggestions welcome). There's still a few days to sign up if you'd like to participate but haven't yet!
 
1. A 19th century classic: Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte
2. A 20th century classic: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. A classic by a woman author: Sylvia's Lovers by Elizabeth Gaskell
4. A classic in translation: The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne
5. A classic originally published before 1800: a Shakespeare play
6. A romance classic: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
7. A Gothic or horror classic: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
8. A classic with a number in the title: The Nine Tailors by Dorothy L. Sayers
9. A classic about an animal or which includes the name of an animal in the title
10. A classic set in a place you'd like to visit:
?
11. An award-winning classic: The Circus is Coming by Noel Streatfeild
12. A Russian classic: ?

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I am probably going to host a read-along of Gatsby this summer -- you're welcome to join if you want!

    ReplyDelete