Wednesday 2 November 2016

October Recap


What I Read

27162989137912522718809
 
Chronicle of a Last Summer by Yasmine El Rashidi. A story about a girl growing up in Egypt. This was OK, but I didn't love it. Read my review to find out more.

Autumn Term by Antonia Forest. A classic children's book about twins who go to boarding-school determined to live up to the achievements of their four older sisters (which, not surprisingly, proves much harder than they expected). I enjoyed this story, but I didn't love it as much as I expected to.

Notebooks of a Middle-School Princess by Meg Cabot. This is the first in a spin-off series of The Princess Diaries for younger readers. It was a very quick read, which I thought was OK, but it would probably be good for the target audience.

13601659664675

Pea's Book of Best Friends by Susie Day. A MG contemporary novel about three sisters who move from the country to London when their mother becomes a quite successful author. It's sweet and quite funny at times, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott. This was my Classics Club Spin book, so my thoughts will be up on December 1st. But I will say for now that I did really enjoy it.
 

 Currently Reading

The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (Classics Club)
In Wartime: Stories from Ukraine by Tim Judah (Review copy)
Unequal Affections by Lara S. Ormiston
A Book of English Poetry edited by G.B. Harrison

Reviews Posted This Month

Surprised by Oxford by Carolyn Weber
Chronicle of a Last Summer by Yasmine El Rashidi

Non-Review Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment