Tuesday 12 July 2016

Ten Bookish Facts About Me

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/2016/07/ten-facts-about-us.html

This week's Top Ten Tuesday theme is: Ten Facts About Me. I've opted for bookish facts, so here they are:
  1. I've read 41 books so far this year. Last year I read 80 in total, so I'm pretty much on track to hit the same total this year.
  2. I read a fairly wide range of stuff: although I gravitate towards classics, historical fiction and non-fiction I also read fantasy, contemporary fiction and occasionally sci-fi or poetry. I'm also a fan of mystery novels (mostly historical ones).
  3. Although I prefer to read books in physical format, I also read quite a lot on my Kindle.
  4. The book I've read the most times (that I've kept track of) is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which I've read nine times. Second place goes to Anne of Green Gables with six.
  5. The first chapter book I read by myself was called The Chocolate Monster. It was about a girl who is always getting into trouble for losing things but then finds out that there's a (friendly) monster who lives under her floorboards who is stealing them. She then tries to find a way to get rid of it (I can't remember what the eventual solution was).
  6. I really enjoy rereading books, and have a fairly long list of books I want to reread, but I don't actually do it that often (only 3 of the books I've read so far this year were rereads). I just have too many books I want to read!
  7. If I had to choose one favourite book, it would be Anne of Green Gables. (I'm hoping to do a post about why I love it so much soon.)
  8. Some of my favourite authors are L.M. Montgomery, C.S. Lewis, Elizabeth Gaskell, Hilary McKay, Louisa May Alcott, Theresa Breslin, J.K. Rowling, Noel Streatfeild, Jane Austen, Charlotte Mary Yonge, Michelle Magorian, and Sarah Woodbury.
  9. I have a tendency to read far too many books at once. Also to get distracted by shiny new books and forget about the ones I'm already reading (and then by the time I go back to them I've forgotten what's happened so I have to start again).
  10. Although I read a lot, I'm quite a slow reader. Also sometimes my mind wanders when I'm reading and then I realise I haven't taken in anything for a page or two and have to go back and read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment